Daltonganj: A fire was reported in the room where former Bihar chief minister and RJD supreme Lalu Prasad was staying at the old circuit house in Daltonganj on Tuesday morning. A wall fan in the room suddenly caught fire due to short circuit. However, it was soon doused by alert staff preventing any major mishap, said officials. Lalu wasn’t present in the room when the mishap took place.
Sadar SDO Rajesh Kr Sah said, “The fire in the wall fan was immediately controlled and contained. Electricity supply to the old circuit house was temporarily suspended for the replacement of the damaged wall fan.”
He added that Lalu wasn’t present in his room when the incident occurred. “He was having his breakfast in the dining hall,” he said. Sources said that Lalu continues to remain in the same room and is understood to have not placed any demand for changing his room.
The circuit house management has been directed to keep electricity installations in right order. Notably, Lalu arrived in Daltonganj on Monday to appear in a local court on June 8 in connection with a case pertaining to model code violation in 2009.
The 73-year-old politician, who has been convicted in fodder scam cases, is currently battling various health issues, including kidney problem.





Source link

Leave a Reply